I’m ready to attack my Summer 2021 bucket list! Luckily, there are so many things to do in Wayne County, Indiana.
I’m especially excited after last year. Remember last year? It was a lot of nothing.
There’s so much going on that I’ll list events and activities throughout the summer, weekly, and give kid camps their own category.
Ish Mom’s Summer 2021 Bucket List
All around Wayne County, awesome stuff happens weekly. Whether it be Birth to Five playgroups, Food Truck Wednesdays, or Technology Classes at Morrisson-Reeves Library, weekly events abound.
Summer 2021 Weekly Events in Wayne County, Indiana
- Birth to Five Playgroups (Free, no registration required): Tuesdays, 10 am-11 am at Rose Hamilton Elementary playground Wednesdays, 10 am-11 am at Western Wayne Wayne Schools Admission Building Thursdays, 10 am-12 pm: St Paul’s Lutheran Church Fridays, 10 am-11 am: Cope Environmental Center (held outdoors) (June and July)
- Food Truck/Eat Local Wednesday: Wednesdays: Jack Elstro Plaza, 11 am-2 pm
- Virtual programming at Morrisson-Reeves Library :Their site has all the information about classes, art shows, and more!
- Summer Richmond Farmers Market: Jack Elstro Plaza, 8 am-12 pm. More than just fresh produce, the Richmond Farmers Market also has great live music, baked goods, and crafts and artwork from local vendors
- Neighborhood Movies: Nearly ever week this summer the Richmond Parks and Rec Department will hold a movie night! See their Facebook page for dates and locations
- Singles Interaction Dance (21 and older): every Friday, 6 pm-11 pm, Eagles Lodge
- Wayne County Genealogical Society: located on the lower level of First Friends Church, open Mondays 10 am-4 pm
Baseball games, live music, educational workshops, and more fill our local calendar. Things are going on all summer (June, July, and August, for the purposes of this article).
Summer 2021 Events in Wayne County, Indiana
- 4th: Depot District Art Walk, 5 pm-8 pm, Depot District
- 5th: Family Fun Day, 7 am-9 pm, Middlefork Reservoir
- 5th: FREE DAY Juneteenth Celebration, 10 am-5 pm, free admission to Indiana State Museum and other historical sites (like the Levi Coffin house)
- 10th: Every Child Ready to Read Parent Workshop, 6 pm-7 pm, Morrisson-Reeves Library
- 12th: Treat Find & Bark And W(h)ine: 5 pm-7 pm. Middlefork Reservoir
- 19th: Saturday Mornings at Cope Environmental Center, Happening Habitats, 10 am-12 pm, Cope Environmental Center (registration required, $7 per non-member, $5 per member)
- 19th-26th: Wayne County 4-H Fair
- 26th (9 am-3 pm) and 27th (10 am-3 pm): Richmond Art Museum’s Secret Garden Tour ($10, click here to get tickets)
- 30th: Richmond Jazz Baseball, 6 pm-9 pm, McBride Stadium ($5 general admission)
- 3rd: Historic Newport Walking Tour, 3:30 pm-5 pm, Levi Coffin House, Fountain City, Indiana ($5 per person, $10 per family of four or more, purchase tickets on their website)
- 10th: Olive Hill Farm Craft Show, 9 am-5 pm, 3331 N. Centerville Rd.
- 16th: Music In The Parks: Richmond Jazz Orchestra, 6 pm-7:30 pm, Jack Elstro Plaza
- 22nd: Richmond Symphony Orchestra Sunset Series, 5:30 pm-7 pm, Cope Environmental Center
- 23rd: Richmond Jazz Baseball, 6 pm-9 pm, McBride Stadium ($5 general admission)
- 30th: Chanticleer Quartet, 2 pm-3 pm, Morrisson-Reeves Library
- 3rd: Community Blood Drive, 7:30 am-6:30 pm, Reid Health, Lingle Grand Hall
- 4th: The Craven Connection, 7 pm-8:30 pm, Levi Coffin House, Fountain City, Indiana ($5 per non-member, 25% off for members)
- 6th: Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner, 6 pm-9 pm, Kuhlman Center
- 14th: Weed Wrangle at Cope Environmental Center, 10 am-12 pm
I’m beside myself with excitement over the sheer amount of camps offered this summer. Whatever the age and interest of your child (and time commitment your family has), the organizations of Wayne County have a corresponding camp.
Summer 2021 Camps in Wayne County, Indiana
All of these organizations are offering Summer 2021 camps. I’ve linked the pages containing each camp’s information for easy clicking.
- Girls Inc
- Richmond Parks and Recreation
- Trueblood Preschool
- Cope Environmental Center
- Wayne County Historical Museum
I’m so privileged to live an area that offers all these Summer 2021 activities; I can’t wait to get out there and take advantage of all these opportunities.
Businesses, organizations, and interested individuals, what did I leave out? Let me know in the comments.