I’ve already told y’all about my love of cauliflower. Cauliflower contains an important nutrient called choline. As choline gives me a nutrition hard-on there’s plenty of it in this vegan cauliflower mac and cheese recipe.
I’ve found a sneaky way to serve an entire head of the cruciferous powerhouse in one ooey-gooey, toddler approved dish: vegan cauliflower mac and cheese. The cheeze sauce is vegetables, basically. The vegan-friendly cauliflower macaroni and cheese is given an unexpected heartiness with nutritional yeast and spices.
This post contains an affiliate link. If you click it and make a purchase, I get a tiny percentage at no cost to you. This is a great way to support the site. Thank you!
Vegan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- splashes of soy milk, if needed
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil
- Cut up the vegetables while water is preparing to boil
- Boil cauliflower and carrots for 15-25 minutes
- When vegetables can be easily pierced with forks strain vegetables
- Re-fill the pot with salted water to boil the pasta
- When vegetables are slightly cooled, place in food processor
- Boil pasta for ten minutes
- While pasta is boiling, add spices and oil to the food processor with vegetables
- Stir “cheeze” sauce and pasta together, add soy milk if needed
- Serve, sprinkle with more paprika
I make a pot of this every two weeks or so and serve the leftovers throughout the week for lunch. It’s a healthy, satisfying meal.
Do you make any “cleaned-up” comfort foods? Tell me about them! Make this vegan cauliflower mac and cheese and tag me, I wanna see ’em. Share this article so you don’t forget the recipe!
Get some healthy snack ideas here.