Vegan cauliflower mac and cheese is served weekly at Ish Mom headquarters.
I’ve already told y’all about my love of cauliflower. Cauliflower contains an important nutrient called choline. As choline gives me a nutrition hard-on there’s plenty of it in this vegan cauliflower mac and cheese recipe.
Vegan cauliflower mac and cheese is a sneaky way to serve an entire head of the cruciferous powerhouse in one ooey-gooey, toddler approved dish. The cheeze sauce is vegetables, basically. The vegan-friendly cauliflower macaroni and cheese is given an unexpected heartiness with nutritional yeast and spices.
This post contains an affiliate link. If you click it and make a purchase, I get a tiny percentage at no cost to you. This is a great way to support the site. Thank you!
Vegan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Ingredients for Vegan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- splashes of soy milk, if needed
Instructions to make Vegan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil
- Cut up the vegetables while water is preparing to boil
- Boil cauliflower and carrots for 15-25 minutes
- When vegetables can be easily pierced with forks strain vegetables
- Re-fill the pot with salted water to boil the pasta
- When vegetables are slightly cooled, place in food processor
- Boil pasta for ten minutes
- While pasta is boiling, add spices and oil to the food processor with vegetables
- Stir “cheeze” sauce and pasta together, add soy milk if needed
- Serve, sprinkle with more paprika
I make a pot of this every two weeks or so and serve the leftovers throughout the week for lunch. It’s a healthy, satisfying meal.
Do you make any “cleaned-up” comfort foods? Tell me about them! Make this vegan cauliflower mac and cheese and tag me, I wanna see ’em. Share this article so you don’t forget the recipe!
Get some healthy snack ideas here.